Wai Kika Moo Kau (Brighton)

Still stuffed from our cooked breakfast at Paskins and having turned our noses up at the limited vegan menu offered by Food For Friends, we gave Wai Kika Moo Kau a go for a light lunch.

Luckily, after waiting 35mins for our food to come I'd worked up an appetite! Service was pretty bad, considering there were 5 front of house staff. There didn't seem to be one person assigned to our table, so we had to flag them down as they walked past at each stage of the meal.

We skipped starters; I ordered a chilli burger and @cherrivalentine a thai sort of peanuty wrap thing with tofu:

Making up for the unattentive / slow service, the food itself was pretty good and reasonably well priced. Portion sizes are very generous, however in the case of the chilli burger - a little too much so. Really it was too meals (burger and a large spoon of bean chilli) in a bun, making it quite impossible to pick up and eat:

(even my mouth's not that big). Only complaint food wise is that their drinks are a little overpriced - our milkshakes were £4 each.

Later on, underwhelmed by Infinity's selection, we returned for cake. I'd spotted on our first visit that they have the same supplier, but a bigger selection.

Quality was up to scratch with when I last ate said cake - it's a real pitty that none of the 15 (or so) v*gan restaurants north of London that I've visited seem capable of producing cake so good.

I'd go back to Wai Kika Moo Kau again - pricing was reasonable, food relatively tasty and portion sizes good. Vegan choice is decent, but the overall range of food available puts it very much more in the cafe bracket, rather than something a bit special that you'd rush back for.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Hi,
    On a hunt for vegan blogs by UK people, I came across yours and it looks great. And I'm off to Brighton for a couple of days in a few weeks time so interesting to read your reviews.
    Jen

  1. clare said...:

    you are a tough cookie! wai kika moo kau is lovely :o)

  1. Anonymous said...:

    I find it hit and miss when I've been there.Some mains are good some not so.The cake I had was really nice.
    The breakfast I had there once was so salty it was uneatable.
    The manager guy is always kind efficient and helpful whenever we've been

    Katie

Post a Comment